Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Top 5 Reasons I Appreciate Teachers

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, here are the top 5 reasons I appreciate the teachers in my building: 

1. They are Generous
Teachers not only give their time generously, but they also give financially. Many teachers pay for classroom supplies, but my teachers (and many others) go beyond classroom supplies to meet the needs of their students. They purchase shoes, clothing and medicine out of the goodness of their heart.

2. They are Flexible and Willing to Change
Teachers have to be flexible because there is always something that comes along that changes the schedule (testing, meetings, assemblies...).

Mine are also willing to change. Instead of waiting until the end of the year, I change things when I see they are not working. My teachers understand when things need to change and will often initiate the change if they see it’s best for their students. I love that I can come to them with ideas and know they will not only be open to them, but will give input to make them even better!

3. They are Patient 
Teachers must be patient! My teachers are patient with me, their students and parents.

4. They are Hardworking
Often people will make comments about teachers sitting in desks for eight hours a day. Those days are gone! Teachers spend many hours on their feet and then spend the evenings coaching, tutoring, grading and planning.

5. They are Inspiring
When I miss the classroom, I go into one of my classrooms and feel rejuvenated and inspired. Just visiting a classroom excites me and reminds me why I have chosen this career.

So, this week I want to thank my teachers for their hard work. I am proud to be your principal.

When you have a stressful day at work, remember that you are appreciated and valued. More importantly, you are making a difference in the lives of your students.


2 comments:

  1. I did not know you are a principal! I think this post is wonderful! What a nice way to boost morale. I wish all principals were as thoughtful about complimenting their teachers as you are here.

    ReplyDelete